Dog dies in freezing water after falling through ice
A dog has died in freezing water, after falling through the ice on a frozen pond in Derbyshire.
It’s sparked a warning to dog owners to keep their pets on a lead at all times around water.
Firefighters were called to Hardwick Hall Park to rescue a small dog that had fallen through the ice.
They used a small boat to get to the dog that had run onto the ice and fallen through – the dog died as a result of the freezing cold water.
More on this incident can be found here: https://t.co/faAIsUZOoB
“This tragic incident serves as a stark reminder to dog owners to keep their dogs safe from danger and on the lead at all times when near water." pic.twitter.com/krNH8hbj9m