Dog dies from kidney infection after overheating during boiling lunchtime walk

A dog has died after suffering from kidney failure and severe heatstroke during a lunchtime walk in the park. Speedy the greyhound had been out with a dog walker on Tuesday when his body temperature reached 43°C, causing him to pant heavily and later have a seizure. He was taken to Medivet in Hampstead, London, where staff hosed him down with cold water and put him on a drip to administer fluids. But they quickly realised his condition was more serious and he was rushed to an animal hospital in Hendon. Speedy then underwent a plasma transfusion to allow his blood to clot properly and was placed in critical care overnight with one-to-one nursing support.

 

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/26/dog-dies-kidney-infection-overheating-boiling-lunchtime-walk-10469890/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.