A naughty dog was rushed to the vets after he sneakily ate seven Easter eggs

A greedy labradoodle is in the dog house this Easter, as he had to be rushed to the vets after sneakily eating seven Easter eggs. Boseley managed to sniff out the Easter eggs hidden in the spare bedroom of his 64-year-old owner, Peter Hind – and he ate the lot. Peter found Boseley surrounded by foil, about to eat his eighth egg, after seeing the bedroom door was open. After counting the wrappers he worked out Boseley had eaten four full-size Easter eggs and three creme eggs, which Peter had bought for a charity raffle.

Knowing chocolate is toxic to dogs Peter rushed four-year-old Boseley to the vets, where he was given medication to make him vomit. Peter, from near Grimsby, said: ‘Boseley is a real glutton and a big character.

‘We accidentally left the spare bedroom door open and he went in and helped himself. ‘When I found him he was happily eating. ‘He had just started on his fourth creme egg and didn’t look remotely guilty. I think he was just disappointed we’d found him. ‘He has pinched a small amount of chocolate before but he’s never eaten anything on this scale and we knew immediately we had to quickly get him to the vets. ‘I was at the vets within 10 minutes and Boseley was treated within 20 minutes of me making the phone call to them. ‘Luckily he has suffered no ill effects and, from now on, all Easter eggs and chocolate will be hidden in a tall cupboard well out of reach.’ Boseley was treated at Eastfield Vets in North Thoresby by nurse Heather Sparks. Chocolate contains a chemical called theobromine, which is toxic to pets, and that even small amounts can be fatal.

 

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/19/a-naughty-dog-was-rushed-to-the-vets-after-he-sneakily-ate-seven-easter-eggs-9265806/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

1 Comment

  1. Christine Boulton 8 months ago

    My standard dachshund Max (aka Mad Max) who I think was a gannet in a previous life snaffled one small red grape off the pavement a few days ago. Treatment just the right side of £200. He will not be getting any pocket money for some time;)

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.