Fourteen dogs including seven puppies have been stolen from a Norfolk breeder
Thieves broke into the kennels at JustDogz in Upwell, near Downham Market, in the early hours of the morning.
They stole cocker spaniels and cockerpoos and none of the puppies – worth more than £1,000 each – were old enough to leave their mothers.
Two men broke into the back of the building on New Road wearing hoodies to cover their faces between 1:45am and 2:30am on Monday.
Thieves broke into kennels at JustDogz in Upwell and stole seven dogs and seven puppies.
Owner Justine Watts said they struck while her two German shepherd guard dogs were away for training.
“It was someone who knows us or they have been staking us out,” she said. “They knew what they were doing. It sickens me through to my stomach there are such evil people out there.”
Ms Watts was woken up by one of the dogs roaming around outside her bungalow. She believes it had managed to escape from the thieves.
She said: “Then we discovered what had happened. The dogs are our lives we live, eat and breathe these animals. Now I have to tell their new families, who are so looking forward to becoming dog owners, that this has happened. It’s awful.
“Please, I’m urging anyone with information, to please come forward.”
The dogs and puppies stolen include:
• Two golden cocker spaniel bitches
• One sable cocker spaniel bitch
• One black cocker spaniel bitch
• One lemon and white cocker spaniel bitch
• One lemon roam cocker spaniel bitch
• One blue roam cocker spaniel bitch
• Four cocker spaniel puppies – one white and sable bitch, one white and sable dog, one sable dog and one orange and white dog
• Three cocker poo puppies – one black dog, one apricot dog and one apricot bitch
While the older dogs are chipped and registered, the young puppies were not. Police would like to hear from anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area, or anyone offered the dogs for sale. Anyone with information should contact PC Daniel Brock at Downham Market police station on 101 quoting reference number 36/30593/20.