Dog owner in mourning as beloved French bulldog ‘dies after being treated with £2 Wilko flea treatment’

James Whitley is speaking out to spare others the heartache and hopes Reggie’s legacy could be that he could save “another fur baby”

A grieving dog owner claims his beloved French bulldog puppy died after being treated with £2 flea treatment from Wilko.

Devastated James Whitley watched in horror as pooch Reggie began “frothing at the mouth” and “shaking” after the treatment was applied.

He rushed the puppy to a vet who kept Reggie in overnight, but sadly the 19-month-old had to be put to sleep.

Now James wants answers as to why Reggie appeared to have such a severe reaction to the flea treatment.

The 69-year-old says his vet sent a sample from the Wilko Dog Spot-On flea repellent, manufactured by Bob Martin (UK) Ltd, to a laboratory for poison testing.

Wilko is investigating but says it is the first time it’s had a report of something like this happening.

Read more here…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dog-owner-mourning-after-beloved-13303444

 

1 Comment

  1. cat68 4 weeks ago

    About 20 years ago my Parson Russell boy was rushed to the vets and put on a drip due to a reaction to Bob Martin worming tablets, he was lucky and survived

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.